Can one say to oneself, is the reality, the actuality, that one part is not confused and therefore says the rest is confused, the rest of the fragments, or do you say, 'I am really deeply confused', because the culture in which I have been brought up says, 'Conform', the culture in which I have been brought up says, 'Be ambitious, fight, struggle, be violent', accept this ideology, or that ideology; and that culture has imposed on the mind certain definite activities. Now the mind sees what this culture has done - wars, appalling violence, destruction of nature, pollution of air, everything this culture has absolutely destroyed, nearly. And I reject all that, the mind rejects all that and I don't know what to do, and I am confused - you follow? Now which is it you are: partially confused - physically you know you are not confused, you want your sex, you want your food, shelter, clothing, there there is no confusion; if you can't get what you want you get violent and all the rest of it - or throughout your whole activity of the mind there is confusion.
Basic needs, envy, human integration and disintegration, truth, discontent and contentment etc - Life Ahead chapter 14
https://jkrishnamurti.org/fr/content/part-one-chapter-14/%20 There are various factors involved in human disintegration , and various ways in which human beings disintegrate. To integrate is to bring together, to make complete. If you are integrated, your thoughts, feelings and actions are entirely one, moving in one direction; they are not in contradiction with each other. ... I think one of the major factors is the feeling of envy , which is so subtle that it is regarded, under different names, as being worth while, beneficial, a creditable element in human endeavour. Do you know what envy is? It begins when you are still very small - you feel envious of a friend who looks better than you do, who has better things or a better position. You are jealous if another boy or girl surpasses you in class, has richer parents, or belongs to a more distinguished family. So, envy or jealousy begins at a very tender age, and it gradually takes the form of competition. You want t...
Comments
Post a Comment